Overview of the position
In partnership with other technical leaders in the company, you will focus on designing and delivering cloud solutions using public cloud technologies, like AWS, Azure and Google Cloud. As a key member of the Architecture and Engineering team, you will lead and enable success in building and migrating applications, software and services on public cloud.
Articulate the value proposition of Public Cloud and participate in deep architectural discussions with customers to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
- Discuss and make recommendations for system and network infrastructure to support Public Cloud migrations and Hybrid Cloud Architectures.
- Support public cloud discussions to sales and delivery teams to drive growth via informal discussion and delivering occasional enablement seminars.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the public cloud solutions architect community
- Contribute to public cloud customer-facing publications such as whitepapers, and support the company by giving presentations at industry events.
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates.
- Build a trusted advisory relationship with strategic accounts and engage with Architects, VP engineering, CTO and VP Sales, and identify customer priorities, technical objections, and design strategies encompassing the entire Google ecosystem to deliver business value and resolve blockers.
- Provide domain expertise around public cloud and enterprise technology, and effectively promote Public and Hybrid Cloud solutions with customers, at conferences, and online.
- Make recommendations on integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms, and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution providing best practice advice to customers to optimize Google Cloud effectiveness.
- Manage the holistic enterprise architecture relationship with customers by collaborating with specialists, product management, engineering, and more.
Travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events up to ~50% (post COVID-19 restrictions)
Solution Architecture and Engineering
Our Solution Architecture and Engineering team focuses on enabling our client’s end-to-end journey from On-Premise to Cloud, with opportunities in the areas of: Cloud Strategy, Op Model Transformation, Cloud Migration, Cloud Infrastructure & Engineering, and Cloud Managed Services. We help our clients see the transformational capabilities of Cloud as an opportunity for business enablement and competitive advantage.
- One of : Google Certified Professional Cloud Architect, AWS Professional Solutions Architect or Azure Solutions Architect Expert and willingness to pursue others.
- Knowledge of Ansible, python, J2EE, .NET, and cloud technologies development languages and tools, to continue with development
- Experience with Big Data solutions on Public cloud
- Demonstrated experience migrating applications from the enterprise to public cloud providers (e.g. Amazon, Google, or Microsoft)
- Experience assisting development teams build and deploy microservices based applications in public cloud. Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and other container platforms
- Orchestration and API integration for automation platforms.
- Knowledge of VMware Cloud and/or Redhat Openstack and Openshift platforms and hypervisor technologies.
- Container experience with Docker and Kubernetes or other container orchestration platforms
- Experience with Agile methodologies and tools. Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment tools and processes
- General knowledge of cloud based storage, networking, security and configuration.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to learn new information quickly
- Experience building, architecting, designing, and implementing highly-distributed global cloud-based systems. Experience in network infrastructure, security, data, or application development.
- Experience with structured Enterprise Architecture practices, hybrid cloud deployments, and on-premise-to-cloud migration deployments and roadmaps.
- Knowledge of technology solutions and ability to learn and work with emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the Cloud/IT technology space.
- Understanding of large-scale computing solutions and the enterprise technology buying and evaluation process.
- Ability to collaborate across organizational boundaries, build relationships, and achieve broader organizational goals.
- Ability to deliver results and work cross-functionally. Ability to engage/influence audiences and identify expansion engagements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Understanding of Infrastructure as a Service, Infrastructure as Code and related concepts on public cloud.
- Proven experience as a successful senior engineer and/or cloud engineer highly desirable
- API experience with APIgee or other API exposure platforms
- Understanding of Identity and Access Management, user and system authentication methods and certificates, tokens and certificate management
- Understanding of Agile, SCRUM and Continuous Delivery
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, communication, coaching, analysis, problem solving and short term and long term planning.
- Experienced, persuasive and effective presenter, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of standard selling disciplines, specifically Solution Selling and RFP management.
- Experience leading high performance, results driven teams with a focus on client satisfaction.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations, multiple initiatives and rapidly changing priorities.