Interdynamix Systems is currently seeking a back-end or full-stack Intermediate Application Developer for a remote full-time position. You will be involved in the development of a cloud-native FinTech application using a mixture of technologies, centered on a core of Kubernetes, Spring and PostgreSQL.
Overview of the position
You will be participating in both maintenance and new development of a distributed application. Intermediate developers are usually given the responsibility for specific portions of the system, under guidance, and with assistance as required. While you will normally be working within the context of specific requirements, you will be encouraged to make recommendations for improved approaches where appropriate, while conforming to approved architectures and coding standards. You must be self-motivated and able to work effectively alone and in teams.
Interdynamix understands the value of professional development and you may be involved with an informal mentoring program, either to coach junior developers or to partner with senior developers.
Minimum Qualifications/Mandatory Requirements
The qualified candidate must have:
- Three (3) years of Java development experience
- Three (3) years of Spring development experience
- Three (3) years of experience using version control systems (preferably Git)
- Two (2) years of Hibernate or iBatis experience
- Two (2) years of SQL and either JPQL or HQL experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong English communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Solid teamwork skills
- A self-motivated work ethic, with a “can do” and customer-service oriented attitude
- Able to pass an RCMP Criminal Records Check
- A university degree (BSc or better) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related discipline
Additional skillsets that would be considered an asset:
- Experience using cloud system administration and automation tools including Docker, Kubernetes, Maven, Jenkins, Helm, Terraform, or PGO.
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience with automated test systems
- Experience with RabbitMQ, GKE, CI/CD systems, OIDC, Python, Prometheus, or Grafana
- Development experience on a public cloud platform
- Experience with batch-, asynchronous-, or event-based programming
- Experience with integrating with third party systems (preferably via REST, SOAP, and related technologies)
- Experience with Unix/Linux
- Formal education in AI-related topics
- Experience in using AI-related tooling in production environments
- Experience in the financial industry
- Ability to speak and write French or Spanish
- Full stack development experience, including any of the following: Angular, Vue.js, Ionic, React, Thymeleaf
If you’re a curious and collaborative technical expert, and excited about tackling the hard challenges in technology, then IDX may be your new home away from home. We are a group of highly industrious talented engineers finding new and creative solutions to technology problems that stand between our clients and their vision. We are a company that thinks big and is not afraid to take risks in the pursuit of innovation
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Interdynamix Systems and that employment with Interdynamix Systems will only commence following a candidate’s successful interview process.
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
Work from home
- Are you currently eligible to work in Canada?
- Do you hold a BSc or higher in Computing Science, Computer Engineering or a related discipline?
- JAVA Development: 3 years (required)
- Spring Development: 3 years (required)
- Hibernate or iBatis: 3 years (preferred)
- SQL and either JPQL or HQL: 2 years (preferred)