Overview of the position:
- Working with Interdynamix Ecosystem partners and customers, to architect and lead innovative projects to build out integrated solutions between those vendor products and various cloud based platforms in both lab-POC environments through full production rollouts.
- Drive integration and testing of third party NFV and Telco products running on or integrated to hybrid cloud and edge platforms, and development of demos, proofs of concept, and reference architectures relevant to customer initiatives
- Engage NEPs, Telco ISVs and operators who are on the journey to roll out virtualized Telco services and 5G networks.
Lead architecture, design, coordinate and lead tech teams on telco solutions that involve multiple vendors to create a stable architecture that addresses specific Telco use cases, like 5G, Edge topologies, IMS, vEPC, VoLTE, Mobile Edge Computing etc.
- Collaborating with other members of the larger Telco team including architects, product managers, and technical representatives from third parties such as partners and customers.
- Responsible for validation testing strategy and methodology related to validate these architectures
- Be a contributor in a team of architects and field systems engineers responsible for overseeing the execution of technical proofs of concept with NEPs, Telco ISVs.
- Present and champion architectures and give demos where applicable of systems built out in this framework.
- Author white papers, blogs, contribute to standards where applicable as a representative of Interdynamix.
- 15+ years experience designing / implementing solutions in the large data center and/or mobile operator core network environment and virtualized infrastructure environments.
- Experience participating in all aspects of large-scale distributed systems architecture projects through requirements, design, development, testing, implementation and production.
- Have lead architecture, designed, coordinated and project managed telco solutions that involve multiple vendors to create a stable architecture that addresses specific NFV Telco use cases, like IMS, vEPC, VoLTE, Mobile Edge Computing, Video Analytics at the Edge, IoT infrastructure, etc.
- Expert level knowledge with virtualization technologies and converged infrastructure stack across server, storage, and networking. Domain expertise on VMware Telco portfolio of products, Openstack, Kubernetes as well as hyper scaler public cloud expertise in one of more of GCP, AWS or Azure.
- Deep understanding of networking, including TCP/IP, L2, L3, VLANs, VXLAN, QoS markings, traffic classifications and prioritization, Layer 4-7 inspections, etc.
- Expert level knowledge of mobile core, RAN, and virtualized wireless technologies.
- Experience working with automation open APIs (experience with VMware vCloud and vSphere API libraries, Google Anthos, Azure DevOps, AWS CloudFormation is an asset)
- Expertise in scripting (Python, Ansible, shell, etc)
- Proficient in TOSCA and/or YANG modeling for NFV, and Netconf protocol. Terraform modeling an asset
- Experience with NFV standards bodies and contributions, specifically ETSI SOL and NFV
- Firm understanding of 5G topology, protocols and standards.
- Familiarity with open source and standards telco communities like O-Ran Alliance, OPENess, StarlingEdgeX etc direct participation experience in one or more of these community.