Interdynamix Systems is currently seeking a Software Release Engineer for a remote full-time position. We are looking for an experienced software developer with experience and interest in software release processes, CI/CD, devops, monitoring, alerting, and automated test systems. The product is a cloud-native distributed FinTech application using a mixture of technologies, centered on a core of Kubernetes, Spring and PostgreSQL.
Overview of the position
We are seeking a dynamic and highly experienced technical leader with outstanding communication skills. This is a dual-task position.
Your primary responsibility will be as the Release Engineer where you will be required to maintain and enhance the release tools and procedures for multiple applications written in multiple languages. You are expected to take an approach that is biased toward automation and a gated release process, and you will be deeply involved in the release procedure from a business and QA level. We are looking for someone who is precise and methodical, yet able to tame complex systems in a timely manner when they misbehave.
Your secondary responsibilities will be in other areas of product development, tuned to your skill sets and interest, as time permits.
Minimum Qualifications/Mandatory Requirements
The qualified candidate must have:
- Five (5) years of experience with developing enterprise and/or cloud-native applications
- Three (3) years of experience with Git
- Three (3) years of experience in Java development
- Two (2) years of experience with Maven
- Two (2) years of experience in Python development
- Two (2) years of experience in Unix/Linux system administration
- One (1) year of experience maintaining CI/CD systems such as Gitlab, Jenkins, or related technologies
- The ability to demonstrate good working knowledge of system security, networking infrastructure, and host connectivity.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Excellent English communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Solid teamwork skills
- A self-motivated work ethic, with a can-do attitude.
- Able to pass an RCMP Criminal Records Check
- A university degree (BSc or better) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related discipline
Additional skillsets that would be considered an asset:
- Experience using cloud system administration and automation tools including Docker, Kubernetes, Maven, Jenkins, Helm, Terraform, Ansible, or PGO.
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience with RabbitMQ, GKE, OIDC, Prometheus, or Grafana
- Experience with other scripting languages such as Bourne Shell or Perl
- Experience with batch-, asynchronous-, or event-based programming
- Experience with integrating with third party systems (preferably via REST, SOAP, and related technologies)
- Experience in developing automated integration and/or system test frameworks
- Experience in the financial industry
- Ability to speak and write French or Spanish
- Full stack development experience, including any of the following: Angular, Vue.js, Ionic, React, Thymeleaf
If you’re a curious and collaborative technical expert, and excited about tackling the hard challenges in technology, then IDX may be your new home away from home. We are a group of highly industrious talented engineers finding new and creative solutions to technology problems that stand between our clients and their vision. We are a company that thinks big and is not afraid to take risks in the pursuit of innovation
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Interdynamix Systems and that employment with Interdynamix Systems will only commence following a candidate’s successful interview process.
Work from home
- Are you currently eligible to work in Canada?
- Do you hold a BSc or higher in Computing Science, Computer Engineering or a related discipline?
- JAVA Development: 3 years (required)
- Developing enterprise and/or cloud-native applications: 5 years (preferred)
- Maven: 3 years (preferred)
- Python development: 2 years (preferred)
- Maintaining CI/CD systems: 1 year (preferred)